Winder Power is a successful Leeds based business which has grown its revenues to £15m per annum. We specialise in the design and manufacture of power and distribution transformers which play a key part in the country’s electricity infrastructure as well as being a manufacturer of high specification generators and associated products for the UK and an extensive worldwide client base. Winder Power has a number of blue-chip customers in the utilities, oil, gas, petrochemical and renewables industries.
Winder Power is keen to recruit an additional Test Engineer to ensure production of finished goods meet design specifications and related regulatory standards.
- Conduct and test all activities in line with established Health & Safety regulations, relevant industry standards and best practice industry standards, ensuring the safety of all employees.
- Conduct production testing of Winder Electrical and Newton Derby finished goods.
- Generate accurate production test sheets for all products. Ensure completed test records are filed and maintained as required.
- Carry out fault finding, diagnostic and test calculations as required.
- Conduct routine and type testing (Noise, Temperature Rise, Partial Discharge, impulse, etc.) as required by Customer specifications.
- Conduct customer witnessed testing and act as point of contact for all customer appointed inspectors during site visits.
- Generate and validate test certificates for internal and customer end user documentation reports.
- Generate inter-departmental reports, liaise with Design and Production functions to ensure best practice design & production methods.
- Maintain up to date files for Test Specifications and Electrical Regulations.
- Ensure all test equipment has an in date calibration certificate, is free from damage and capable of conducting the test at hand.
- Direct involvement in managing client relationships, assisting with and providing support and technical knowledge where required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Candidate will have Electrical / Electronic City & Guilds Apprenticeship 2381, 2391 as minimum qualification
- Will have prior experience Transformer Testing
- Earth testing
- Electrical pressure testing
- Live system testing
- Safe operation / protection of electrical power systems
- Will have prior experience of Power Generator Testing
- Rotating alternator test
- Static resistance / insulation test
- PMG testing
- Be numerate, literate and resourceful.
- Display excellent levels of attention to detail.
- Be flexible in approach to business needs.
- A self-starter who is ambitious for themselves and for Winder Power.
- Have excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
internally and externally.
In return we offer an excellent working environment in a modern, bright and clean factory in Pudsey near Leeds. We offer attractive working conditions and the opportunity to progress within the business.
The hours of work are 7:30a.m. to 4:15p.m., Monday to Thursday; 7:30a.m. to midday, Friday, with a lunch break of 30mins per day.
From time to time, you may be required to work different hours dependent on the pressures of the business and you will be expected to act responsibly in accommodating this need for flexibility.
Interested applicants should send details of current CV to:
Winder Power Ltd
Leeds LS28 6QS or