· Conduct all activities in line with established Health & Safety regulations, relevant industry standards and best practice industry standards, ensuring the safety of all employees;
· Carry out fault finding, diagnostic and repair schedules for site-based activities as required;
· Carry out routine and PPM on all machinery, apparatus and equipment including electrical equipment;
· Carry out breakdown & repairs throughout the premises and grounds (out of hours may be required);
· Carry out ad hoc fabrication and welding tasks to current standards and legislation;
· To use machinery associated with the manufacture of metal parts i.e. Guillotine, Brake press, Radial Arm Drill, hand tools, Oxygen/Acetylene cutting etc.;
· To ensure all work carried out is done to the highest standard;
· Assist in the maintenance of accurate records for all fire and emergency systems;
· Generate departmental reports, liaise with all areas of business to promote good practice and continual improvements throughout the business;
· Maintain up to date files for all maintenance engineer functions, including use of sub-contractors;
· Ensure all electrical and measuring equipment has an in date calibration certificate or PAT test and ensure all records are updated accordingly;
· Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Electrical, PUWER, LOLER PSSR, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Building regulations to maintain compliance;
GCSEs High school or equivalent;
Electrical qualification and experience of working on electrical projects which includes singe, 3 phase power supply / systems, as a minimum requirement;
Experience/Qualification in Fabrication/Welding;
Experience of reading & understanding fabrication drawings;
Overhead crane slinging & lifting (not essential as Training will be given);
Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment;
Knowledge of mechanical/fitting;
Strong knowledge of Health & Safety with ability to undertake risk assessments;
Personal characteristics/Attributes required:
Good communication skills and the ability to connect naturally with people.
To be able to work well using own initiative and as part of a team.
Ability to ensure the work gets done in a timely and effective manner.
Ability to follow all Company policies and procedures.
Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions.
If you are interested please send your CV to email@example.com